I’ve been experimenting with different leg day routines and put this Quad/Hamstring focused lift together that I’m definitely going to keep using. I find myself getting SO sore, especially the second day after leg day, but hey, no pain no gain!
Quick Tips Before the Workout:
- Try to keep your lift between 45-60 minutes.
- Less rest time between sets keeps your heart-rate up which burns more calories! Try to keep your rest time between 30 and 60 seconds.
- Less rest time also gives you a better PUMP 😛
- Stay hydrated!
- Go as HEAVY as you can with the weights while keeping good form.
- Make sure you go slow and controlled with every exercise…feel that burn!
- Make a bumpin’ playlist!
- Drop Set: When performing a drop set, you complete one set of the exercise at your desired weight, then immediately begin the drop set at a lower weight.
1. Front Barbell Squat: 4 sets – 10 reps
2. Dumbbell/Barbell Walking Lunges: 4 sets – 12 reps each leg
3. Narrow Stance Leg Press: 4 sets – 10 reps
4. Barbell Squat to Bench: 4 sets – 12 reps
5. Leg Extensions: 4 sets – 10 reps (Drop Set: 8 reps)
1. Barbell Romanian Deadlifts: 4 sets – 12 reps
2. Seated Hamstring Curl: 4 sets – 12 reps
3. Cable Romanian Deadlifts: 4 sets – 15 reps
4. Glute/Hamstring Raises: 4 sets – Until Failure